Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, tomorrow would be the 5th time that I am taking our 2017 Passat SEL Premium in for service! There is a rattling noise coming from the driver side rear seat grab handle area above the window. The last times when I took it on, I drove the car with the technician in the back seat, so that he can pin point the exact location. While I was driving he took off the grab handle and the noise was still there! They replaced the grab handle and put some extra padding , and that repair did not do much! The last time that it was in, they replaced the entire headliner/ trim. That seemed to last for about 50 miles of driving back and the noise re-appeared. The noise seems to be metallic. Since replacing the entire headliner and grab handle didn't fix the issue, I'm thinking if it's coming from the frame!

At this point, i think I have exhausted my efforts to get this issue corrected. I am giving the dealer 1 more opportunity to correct it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. This is our 3rd Passat, and the 1st with a quality issue (other than our previous 2014 TDI). I have not contacted VW of America yet.

:banghead:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts