Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have my subs installed and love the way they sound. Everything in the car is solid and there are no rattles except for one thing. I have my radar detector hardwired and mount to the right of my rear view mirror. when the bass hits hard the radar ratlles like :crazy: CRAZY :crazy: . What can I do to stop this? I was thinking maybe a little piece of dynamat on the detector itself or maybe on the bracket holding it up. Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Thad. :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thad,

What did you get for an amp and sub???? I don't remember you having anything at the GTG.. Maybe I am wrong.. I would think for this you would have to do something to the clip and and maybe fasten the rader detector somehow with dynamat or something on it.. Maybe someone who knows more can give you more input..

Good luck,
Jon :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Cool.. I still have all the stock speakers in.. I have the new speakers but I am waiting for the 400.4 amp to power them.. It is still on back order.. :sad:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate that.

when you have something ready to install but just waiting on the rest of the system. I had my subs and amp, but was cheap and waited a couple of weeks to save 30 bucks on my box. I am glad i did wait tough. the only thing i hate more than waiting is paying too much for something or settling for something other than what I want.

Thad. :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well I got great deals on this stuff so I can't complain.. I am thinking that I might need a better sub and I am debating about upgrading to JL.. But if the 400.4 doesn’t come in soon I might cancel the order and go with the JL 300.4 or maybe something from Boston Acoustics.. I am sick of waiting I want it done now.

Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
JT02460
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing