Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my car back from the body shop friday from the rear end accident. I'm rollin on Ernie1.8T's steelies cuz i didnt want them to f up my 17s. I kinda like how they look on my car. Kinda like some ghetto euro-style cop car :D or maybe it just looks rice :lol:

With my 17s you couldnt tell but with these you can see how much my car is really dropped. Not too much ground clearance :D, but its too bad, I rarely ever "bottom out".

pic quality is bad cuz it was dark and I'm not completely familiar with this camera

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
and to think, i was ashamed of my steelies before :p

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Man Ian, your pretty low man. I guess I will have to take some pictures and see how low I really am. I did however take some measurements the other day of my front suspension to see what I am really lowered in the front. I got a measurment of 24 and 1/4"s what do you get from the ground to the center of your wheel arch?

·
Registered
577 Posts
dont see many steelies on passats around here :lol:

post some pics with your 17's :wink: :thumbup:

(w00t 500th post)

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Ian is gangsta thats why he can roll that deep. :p My front measures at 24.75". But my Projektzwo bumper is what stops me. Only 3.5" clearance on it! :thumbdow: I bet Ian's is much lower than that.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Man, what drop do you have on it??, it should not look that low espacially with the steelies :lol: . What's your drop and do you have any rubbing at all?? :???: , it's seems amazing to me................... :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are those Kamei front wings (or whatever there called) I see? How did u attach those?
Thinking of getting those for my B5.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steve, the best way to measure drop is from the center of your wheel to the top of the wheel arch, because obviously different size tire combinations will make your car ride higher or lower then others. I did not measure it yet so I cant tell ya, but I'll measure it tomorrow.

The 17s are going on tomorrow after I clean the crap off of them. Right now there is crazy brakedust caked on them that wont come off with anything except this "fine cut glaze" that I found. So I have a whole day cut out for me tomorrow of getting between every nook to clean them, at these time I hate mesh wheels, haha.

Its not a "true" euro b5, but its getting pretty close to being 99% eurospec. All I need now is some euro spec tail (my tinted ones are for sale BTW) and a kmph clusture. The euro moldings are real, not just painted US spec ones, they have a goosebump like texture to them, kinda like your bumper lowers or sides.

About drivability, its not bad, I dont rub at all, obviouslu I dont fly over speed bumps, and since I dont have a chin type front spoiler I can enter driveway head first, dont even have to angle the car. That why I wanna get the kerscher front kit, cuz it wraps under the car instead of stick out chin style. Well see....

and for the guy that wanted to see my car with the 17s on, heres a pic that was take hours before my car got rear ended:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
love the car man, had it on my desktop for a while too, the nice night one with a frontal view, when you still had the amber signals :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts