Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 B6 Passat on occasion will just stall while driving. Not all the time either. When trying to restart it takes a few cranks to start and have to give it some pedal to do so. I was driving down the road last night and it stalled. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then drove home (20 minutes) without issue.

Took it to Autozone this morning and they read these codes and recommended fuel pump replacement.

P0171
P0441
P0455
P0141
P0455

The display also says "Service Now" when you start it up.

Maybe there are multiple problems that may or may not include fuel pump? Easy way to diagnose since I really don't want to spend $250 on a fuel pump if it's just the relay. By the way, can you access fuel pump in tank from under backseat?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2006 B6 Passat on occasion will just stall while driving. Not all the time either. When trying to restart it takes a few cranks to start and have to give it some pedal to do so. I was driving down the road last night and it stalled. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then drove home (20 minutes) without issue.

Took it to Autozone this morning and they read these codes and recommended fuel pump replacement.

P0171
P0441
P0455
P0141
P0455

The display also says "Service Now" when you start it up.

Maybe there are multiple problems that may or may not include fuel pump? Easy way to diagnose since I really don't want to spend $250 on a fuel pump if it's just the relay. By the way, can you access fuel pump in tank from under backseat?
. Yes it is under back seat on passenger side yes it will stall cuz u need to replace fuel pump. I just replaced mine& nomore stalling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is good to know. Where did you buy your fuel pump from? I was looking at RockAuto and they have a few choices:

- BECK/ARNLEY 1521012 Assembly - $187
- DELPHI FG1268 {#3AA919051C, 3AA919051L} Module Assembly - $213
- SPECTRA PREMIUM / COOLING DEPOT SP5122M - $223
- AIRTEX E8738M Module Assembly; Includes Pump, Pressure Regulator, Sending Unit, Float, Reservoir & Strainer - $280

- HITACHI HPP0004 EXTERNAL HIGH-PRESSURE PUMP$229
- SPECTRA PREMIUM / COOLING DEPOT FI1504 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} High Pressure; Direct Injection Fuel Pump $346

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called my local VW dealer to get part info.

Fuel Pump Assembly 3AA919051L - $352
Gasket - $12
Control Unit (sits on top of pump?) - $135

That comes to a total of $533 for the parts if bought from dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts