Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time ever posting and I’m probably a novice at best when it comes to this kind of thing so I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place . I have a 2011 cc sport with the 2.0t Engine. I had been getting engine codes for Engine too Lean at idle and decided to replace the pcv/oil separator. After doing so I cranked the car and it idled smoothly for 10-15 second before it started misfiring. After checking vcds it doesn’t seem to be biased to one cylinder or another and is spread pretty evenly across all four. No other codes are thrown. Coils and spark plugs were changed around 6 months or 10,000 miles ago with some intermotor ones from advanced. I’ve checked both hoses leading into the oil seperator and reseated all of the coils and still no luck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is my first time ever posting and I’m probably a novice at best when it comes to this kind of thing so I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place . I have a 2011 cc sport with the 2.0t Engine. I had been getting engine codes for Engine too Lean at idle and decided to replace the pcv/oil separator. After doing so I cranked the car and it idled smoothly for 10-15 second before it started misfiring. After checking vcds it doesn’t seem to be biased to one cylinder or another and is spread pretty evenly across all four. No other codes are thrown. Coils and spark plugs were changed around 6 months or 10,000 miles ago with some intermotor ones from advanced. I’ve checked both hoses leading into the oil seperator and reseated all of the coils and still no luck. Any ideas?
Throttle body? Engine too lean at idle could be that, could have something to do with fuel pump. Backtracking and looking at the initial symptom.

I’m not sure how either of those would cause misfiring, but perhaps looking at the first issue might help.

Passat B6 Wagon 2009

1 - 2 of 2 Posts