Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 4motion and i recently got it up and running after a mechanic tore it down doing a tb job but couldn't assemble it. so i sent it to a professional and he assembled it at its running very smoothly and better than ever(although theres some little things that need replacement). After driving it the stop low oil preassure light came on so i decided to drop my oil pan and found a lot of plastic pieces from the cct plastic shoes (replaced with new ones before car was running ) so cleaned it up and the light was gone .
As im driving on the freeway im going about 80 mph and my cel blinks 3 times but then stops. My car didnt loose power or anything it still ran perfectly while it blinked . so i dismissed it and my car continued to run smoothly then i got on the freeway again today and it blinked 3 times but went away and i continued to drive at faster speeds and never came back again and it still ran perfectly no lag at all.
I hooked up the vag and got three codes for cylinder 4 5 6 and from o2 sensor not having any signal.
My question is what could be causing my cel to flash? Because it doesnt actually feel like its misfiring ... Thanks for the help:confused

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
It would help if you posted more info, such as engine code, and all fault codes with descriptions.
Your bank 2 intake cam timing might not be correct.

·
Registered
27,059 Posts
Check the plug wires for arcing. Use a mist of water from a spray bottle at night and spray the plug wires. Also check for oil in the plug wells.
It may even be something as simple as bad gas if the car sat long enough.

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,434 Posts
If the O2 sensors are original, it may be time to replace them, in view of that O2 sensor code you got. The system runs as a closed computer-controlled loop, with the duration of the fuel injection regulated according to the measured air flow and the O2 sensor's output.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright so my engine code is ATQ, and the codes i got up are : p0154 p0431 p0421 p0300 p0304 p0305 p0306.
i replaced my o2 sensors about a year ago so i dont know why one of the started to fail maybe they were bad quality?
Im checking the sparkplugs right now to see if theres any oil on them but i really doubt it as i replaced all the gaskets with new ones.

·
Registered
27,059 Posts
With a bad O2 sensor on bank2, misfires are probably related since they are also on bank2. Since the engine was recently worked on, I would check the wiring and connections before buying a replacement sensor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i checked the wiring on the o2 sensor and it all seems like its intact. I think im just going to buy a new sensor see if that helps, i just hate seeing cel on! I cleaned up my spark plugs (because theyre fairly new) and deleted the codes and have been driving it on the freeway since then and no cel yet hopefully it doesn't come on again.

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
I wouldn't waste time and money on a sensor at this stage, that code was most likely set because of the misfiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts