Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys!
As the post says,please give me feedback on wipers for B5 (98'). What is good? value? performance? I have to replace mine..I had the cheapie ones (inserts for almost 2 yrs). Also from where u bought them and how much?
TIA

·
Registered
248 Posts
well I can't speak for everyone but I went with the Tripledge replacements and have no complaints thus far. I've been using them for years. The only down-side is that I had to remove the stock wiper blade (which has that little spoiler thing on it which keeps the blade on the windshield at high speed so you don't get chatter), but so far no chatter even at highway speeds.

Just my $.02
-Chris

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
The OEM VW ones wipe the best in my experience. I tried the Bosch Microedge Excel, and I wasn't impressed w/ the streaking and hopping. :sad:

·
Registered
442 Posts
What works for me here in Portland area (where it rains from time to time....)
1. polish exterior of all windows with glass polish (I use an orbital for this). It takes off all deposits and also removes the semi-circle "wiper patterns".
2. install Bosch Micro Edge inserts - I bought 10 pr. for $20 off E-bay, and cut them into proper length.
3. lightly scrub wiper blades when washing the car.
4. apply rubber cleaner / conditioner from time to time.

Perfect wiping w/no chatter, streaking etc. whatsoever. I get about 2 years from each insert set.

HTH

8)

p.s. - you might try RainX - plenty of people like it here; you just need to follow the directions closely.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Here is what I have been using

I always treat my window with rain X

I have Tried the triple edge wipers and like there performance they wipe clean are are not that noisy.

Unfortunately K-Mart did not have any to fit the passat this last time so I had to go with some bosch micro edge. I don't really like them for the price the triple edge is a better performer.

Anco or Penske wiper blades are also okay but if you car is parked in the sun all day they don't last past 4 months.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
phantom GLI said:
Here is what I have been using

I always treat my window with rain X

I have Tried the triple edge wipers and like there performance they wipe clean are are not that noisy.

Unfortunately K-Mart did not have any to fit the passat this last time so I had to go with some bosch micro edge. I don't really like them for the price the triple edge is a better performer.

Anco or Penske wiper blades are also okay but if you car is parked in the sun all day they don't last past 4 months.
Second Tripledge from Wally World. All weather wiper made out of silicone material, with a life time warranty to boot. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.