Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm looking to pull out my radio to install a cellphone carkit and hardwire my ipod...

I went to a VW dealer here in Ireland looking to purchase the radio removal tools, and they told me that they could not order one...

Anyway would someone here have the part no. for the tool...

Also would someone have a link to a post that shows a cut-up credit card being used to pop the radio out. I'm willing to do this for now...I did a search but could not find what I was looking for...

Cheers
:)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Per the suggestions here on CB5, I used a metal portion of a Pendaflex hanging file folder. Just rip one of them from the paper, cut in into two pieces at a 45-degree angle, and use a file or Dremel to smooth the edges a bit. Works like a charm. If someone else doesn't post a link to some pics soon, I will later.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks man...I'd appreciate any pics...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just bought a radio removal key from Enfig.com and I have taken all the measurments and will post something tonight about how to make the proper removal tool. I am at work right now so I can't do it this instant. But on Enfig they are 6.00 for the set and I think you need two sets to remove the Double Din radios.

JD

·
Registered
15 Posts
You may want to check out eBay - I bought two pairs (four total) just yesterday in anticipation of installing an ICELink. Unfortunately the ICELink is backordered until July 30th! :(

Jeremy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JDeer0618 said:
I just bought a radio removal key from Enfig.com and I have taken all the measurments and will post something tonight about how to make the proper removal tool. I am at work right now so I can't do it this instant. But on Enfig they are 6.00 for the set and I think you need two sets to remove the Double Din radios.

JD
Thanks man, I'd appreciate the dimensions when you get time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.