Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after changing alternator in my 99 V6 my radio wont come on :banghead: do i need a code or do i have to change out a fuse? the one in the side door is good then i pulled them face of the radio off and didnt see anything... :whistle: <--- i just want my tunes back!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
You need a code, then there's a procedure to enter it. I don't remember because I did it once then put in a new HU.

Look in your manual, the code should be in there.

If not, you will need to take it to a dealer. They'll pull the radio, run the serial number in their computer and get the code.

My dealer did it gratis for me, other have been charged.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The readout should say something like "Safe" . If no display then you can't input the code. Check the fuse on the back of the radio. Pull and reinsert

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so ill have to pull the entire radio out? i have no display at all on it.
after taking the face off how do i pull out the rest of it? any screws or anything to remove?
i also dont have a manual to get a new code from, but will check the spare tire well or last resort, the dealership.
anyon e know the procedure for inputting the code once i have it?

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
radio comes out as one piece, if you have a single din there will be two slots, |<> 1 2 3 4 5 6 <> |

| represents the slots, you just put a couple of the metal strips from a hang folder in the slots, and pull out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts