Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, anyone able to get a code for my radio unit in the car? im having a real bad day and my radio was disconnected and now it wants a code!

Please anyone, its Christmas and the dealers are closed!

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
its not in the manual?
if not i think you are SOL(sh!t outta luck)
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Look on the production sticker in the trunk. Sometimes they hand-write it on that..

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
Look on the production sticker in the trunk. Sometimes they hand-write it on that..

Ditto, my PAssat has it printed on the production sticker in the trunk.
No indication what it is, jus the 4 numbers that make up the code.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
What year is your Passat? Some newer CCMs are able to "re-recognize" the radio after it is in the car for about 24 hours. Good luck!

Even the VW dealer has to pull your radio to get the code... I doubt anyone here would be able to give you any info.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
strange enuff the sticker was in my hand book as its come unstuck, and yes it has got 4 digits on it, gonna pop outside and have a play!

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
There is your Merry Christmas.
write the # down somewhere else(few places) just in case.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Are you sure you entered the code correctly? Seems odd that if there was a 4-digit number in your manual that it wouldn't work. Guess it could be some other number, but I seem to remember reading that the "code entering" process was weird and you have to push SEEK or something at the end to get the radio to accept the code.

Hope you're able to figure this out! I'd go mad driving around without tunes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After entering code you have to press the <SEEK and the SCAN buttons at the same time on a 98. My code is on all the invoices I ever got from the stealer. It is close to the top as, RC#_ _ _ _.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts