Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friend.

I've found on the internet that can be added the readiocontrolled function for the time clock on our dashboard. Obviously can't be added to all models.

Please follow this link where is described this kind of upgrade for the AUDI:

http://www.a3-freunde.de/wiki/Funkuhr

Let me know,

Enrico.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Explanation

I will translate for You.

Radio clock is a perticular functions that in Europe is larged used. Most of clock has the facility to receive via radio (i.e. in Italy come from Frankfurt GERMANY) the clock time (intended as Date and time). This function is possible because there is a transmitter that cover all the middle north-east europe that by LW (long wave) transmit this kind of ringnal.

If you try to search by goole radiocontrolled clock you will find a lot of products that use this capability.

I hope to have cleared the situation. I think thata also in America there are some similar structure ....

Enry.

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
to my knowledge there is no structure, due to the online age we live in.
everything can simply be linked through the "wired" back to whatever source.
no need for the long waves :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to my knowledge there is no structure, due to the online age we live in.
everything can simply be linked through the "wired" back to whatever source.
no need for the long waves :p
...interesting. But you assume that the little black box communicate in digital mode with the cluster. I really donìt know if the added box is a antenna amplifier or a decoder. In this case what is the protocol ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good ol WWV

This looks lik eit was made for Audi. Our VW clocks don't give the date, only the time.

Yes, You have right! But .... if You see you clock display very very close ... You will find in the upper left corner a symbol. Because it is an LCD display is no difficult to find it eveif it is off.

This symbol will switch on if you (via vag-com) execute the self test of the instrument cluster (address 17). This mean only one thing: on some instrument cluster that has the predisposition of this feature, IMHO, is possible to activate this feature.

The question is the same: is necessary the little box or is not necessary ?

I think that to verify it may be sufficient to activate the LSB of the program word in the CAN Gateway (address 19) and try it.

What about ?

Enry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts