Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contemplating these as my next big purchase. Wheels are sooooo hard to buy (for me, anyway) because it's a lot of cash, and once you buy them, you have to be prepared to live with them a while. Would like to get your thoughts before I plunk down a chunk of change. I like them, but I can't find any photos of them on a B.5. In addition to feedback, if anyone can photoshop these on to a B.5, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks.

TV

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20vvillian said:

Is that so hard! :suspicio:
Well, it IS hard when you're in the middle of Western Iraq with s-l-o-w internet access surrounded by guys with mortars o' plenty trying to blow you away. That said, sorry for the heinous triple post, but I was probably banging on the keyboard, thinking this thing locked up again. If I could get the "delete" button to materialize, I would end the pain and suffering and delete two of the posts. Ordered the Racing Sparco NS 6 Wheels wrapped with Nitto 555 Extreme Performance size 225/40ZR-18 from "Discount Tire.com". The order was just under 2k by the time I hit the "checkout" button. The car is dropped with H&R Sport springs and my Bilsteins are a little over a year old. Current 17's are Mercedes replicas w/VW centercaps. They've always looked a little small, so I decided to bump up to 18s. Plan to put them on as soon as I get home from Iraq around the middle of next month. Will post pix (using one post).

Take care,

TV

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mdtoney said:
Those wheels should look pretty sharp on your car!! :thumbup:
Get home quickly (and safely) so you can enjoy your ride!!!
Wife received the wheels and tires a couple of days ago. She says that she's stacked them up so they'll be ready for me to bolt on to my ride when I get home in September. I'm assuming that this setup will be okay with regard to rubbing. Though the car is lowered with H&R Sport Springs, the 17s still have a ways to go when it comes to filling the gap in the wheel well.

TV

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pancreas said:
I know how crappy the internet access is in the middle east, I was there back in 2000, talk about SLOOOOWWww.....
Indeed, brother. Thanks for fixing the original pic that I tried to post.

TV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.