Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from work yesterday, I made a left turn onto one of the main streets and I hear the roar of what sounded like a big V8 behind me. I look in my rear view mirror and I see a new, black Toyota 4Runner with the hood scoop and a hot blonde behind the wheel. I said to myself, "that thing made that noise?" She guns it to get up next to me and we stop at the next light. I almost never race people (I don't think the Passat is really a drag-racing car), but there was no way I was going to let some woman in a modified 4Runner take me! The light goes green and, like I expected, she nails it, and we are off. By the time I shift to second gear her nose is at my rear, and by third gear I have about 1.5 car lengths on her, at which time we had to stop for the next light. She rolls down the window, and in a shaken voice says, "where did you get that?" What a weird question. I answerd with the dealer I bought it from. She then said "I didn't think they made VW's with turbos. Is that the upgraded engine?" I said no, and told her it was the base engine for the Passat. :lol:
She told me she had all kinds of "Toyota Racing Division" mods, including exhust, headers, etc. I told her all I had was a chip. :)

Strange race, and I like said I usually don't race, but it was perfect conditions, and a perfect oppurtunity to talk to a blonde babe.

To see the mods on my car, just click my Web site button.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My mom has a 4Runner, seems to have low torque and it's kind of heavy. Decent 190hp v6 I think, but not very quick.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
That story was like reading something in P-House Forum. I'm just glad you beat her, otherwise she would of had you wearing her skirt! :lol:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VWPassat8 said:
My mom has a 4Runner, seems to have low torque and it's kind of heavy. Decent 190hp v6 I think, but not very quick.
This was no V6. The new Sport 4Runners have 235HP/330 lb-ft torque engines, and this one was modified quite a bit - it had very loud, V8 style exhaust.

I didn't get a number, but I also wasn't looking for the number of a girl who likes to race people in her modified SUV! Like I said, I just raced to remind her that she was driving just that...a big box with a loud V8.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also have a V8 4runner sport edition it isn't as fast as my passat, but off the line is one of the fast suv's i've driven next to ml55 or porsche truck. Be careful I have scared a few people with it (great suspension for a suv). Remember it's not the car it's the driver.

·
Registered
196 Posts
4runnner

4RUNNER=crazy body roll, cramped cabin and gas PIG!!

(that's why I just traded mine in for 04, GLS, 1.8T, 4mo., 5spd, VARIANT
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
psstwgn
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing