Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stopped at the Quiznos that opened up around the corner on my way home from the gym. I thought I'd give them a comparison to the Subway a block away. It's not like I'm a "frequent flyer" at Subway, but except for maybe a cup of soup, Quiznos will never see me again. The miniscule amount of turkey on this sandwich is ridiculous. The bread tastes great but come on.... When I make myself a sub, it's 2 inches of cold cuts & cheese,etc and minimally thick bread not the other way around.... So for me, Subway gets a half-hearted :thumbup: and Quiznos a resounsing :thumbdow:

·
0 Posts
dam i had quiznos today and it was stacked like pamela lee anderson. and i only had the medium. maybe the owner has a benz! :poke: :lol:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I don't like Q's for anything but the Carbonara or their Tuscan chicken. Even then, I need a large (which can run 7-8 bucks unless you have a coupon)

I tried a few other "traditional" subs and was majorly under impressed.

Johnny B5.5 said:
We have Schlotzky's in Texas. Much better than Quiznos.
envy :mad:
seen the comercials, but can't find one.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Damn, that's a shame! I usually get stacked subs from Quiznos. I think that one in particular just sucks.

In any case, I feel your pain. Quite frankly, I'm surprised you didn't go back in there and demand more meat! You must have been tired from the gym.

-Harry

PS.... I got your message a few minutes ago. :wink:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You bought the wrong sandwich from Quiznos!! ALWAYS get the hot subs... especially the one with honey bacon over turkey... YUM...!! :lol:

Give it a try again and get the sandwich I just mentioned. It's stacked, you'll love it, and you'll return.... promise... :thumbup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was always a Subway guy until we got Quiznos. I find myself choosing Q's over SW more and more lately. Maybe the kid behind the counter was hungover and forgot to give you all the meat! :???:

We got Schlotzky's in IN. I like it! :thumbup:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I go to quiznos frequently, and yes the meat is usualy not to much. Its not like it was a one time thing at the one by me they weight the meat to like a .1 of a gram, every single time. Kinda annoying. One time i was there and they took of like maybe a nickel sized peice of turkey to make it the right weight. Literaly i was like the size of my fingernail :weirdo:
I like the taste better then Subway though IMO

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
You guys don't think Quizno's subs aren't big enough?!?! Damn... you people must eat like food was going out of style. Each time I eat at Quiznos I usually am extremely full by about 3/4 of the way. I've always found their sandwiches to be extremely stacked. Same deal with Togos. Maybe the Quiznos in your area are just cheap bastards.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Agreed. The Hot subs at Q's are the way to go. I used to be a SW fan too, but after Q's SW tastes like cold mush in my mouth.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Quiznos: Best place for hot subs :eek:h:
Togos: Best place for cold subs :roll:
Subway: Best place if you're desparate for a sandwich and there's no Quiznos or Togos around :poke:
Schlotzky's: None around my town so not rated :???:

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Subway - :thumbdow:
Quiznos - :thumbup:
Togos - so-so

And yes, their toasted subs are the way to go. I get them well-done so the edges are almost burnt and the cheese is oooey-gooey!

SW is the one with insufficent meat IMHO.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I like Quiznos and they always give me way more meat than I want.

I no longer go to Subway because their breads tastes not quite right, eventhough it might have been made that same day.

Schlotzkey's is my favorite, the best in hot sandwiches. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
its hard to compare one Subway to another and one quiznos to another. since they are franchise operations. if i want a really good cold cut, ill head to Marchone's in wheaton, best subs ever. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
18 Participants
curtis13
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing