Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice wooden steering wheel I would like to put on my car but I would like to run a quick release for it. My question is, are there any quick release hubs or universal ones that will fit our cars? I know theres a spline so would I need an adapter? Thanks guys!

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
Planning on welding your doors shut, adding a roll cage and a deep-recessed drivers racing seat? If not, why do you want a quick release steering wheel? Personally, I kind of like having a functional air bag in front of me.

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
Quick release steering wheels only belong on real race cars, in my own opinion. Like the others, and having experienced a wreck before, I quite enjoy the comfort and safety a airbag provides. But too each their own. Look into companies that are known for them and see if the "universal" ones will work. Like Sparco, or Momo. Any of the more JDM scene type companies should be able to offer an option or two.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem finding a quick release hub. The number of splines and diameter of the steering wheel column/shaft is the same as any late mk2 or mk3 Jetta/Golf/GTI.

Just my $0.02 :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I found an nrg hub adapter and quick release that so for a mk4 jetta/golf that should work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts