Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so my dad is taking my car to get my new suspension installed tomorrow :bow: (finally)

My question is... I am running Neuspeed Sport Springs... with Bilstein Sport Shocks, what setting should the dampers be on? I know they are height adjustable, but I have no idea how to set them up. Can the suspension be changed once it is installed? Or do I need to remove it again to set it to a different height? I need to know within the next few hours... as he is taking it tomorrow morning and I won't see my car again until it is installed. Thanks for the help guys!

*Update*
I pick up my car in 30 minutes, and the mechanic cannot find out how to adjust the shocks (Hell... neither can I)... Can someone post pictures of the Neuspeed Bilstein adjustable shocks? I want to make sure I got the right part!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
it cant be changed once it's installed. the whole front suspension needs to be taken apart again to adjust the c-clip which dictates the height. you should have them set it up on the 2nd to the lowest notch to account for your high vin car. or for a tad bit of a rake, just tell them to put it on the lowest notch on the bilsteins.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mechanic I took it too said that the bilstein shocks I have CANNOT be adjusted :roll:. I bought them from S_Klass' group buy (I thought they were all adjustable). I did look at them myself last night, and have no idea how they could be adjusted. Could someone that has never seen the shock before figure it out? I would imagine it shouldn't be a big secret. Perhaps the guy just doesn't know what he is doing? I pick my car up in a little over an hour, so help guys! I don't want a rake drop! :nervous:

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
The Neuspeeds absolutely CAN be adjusted. It's a perch/bracket that can be removed and replaced into another 'groove' to adjust the height. I suggest 1 notch below the neutral position like schmove said (2nd lowest perch = 1 below neutral) for an even drop.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know... the guy said he knew of NO WAY to adjust the shocks :weirdo:

I was not present during the install, my neighbor brought my car there, as he has a relationship with the mechanic that got me a good deal on install. Can you post a picture that can illustrate how to adjust the shocks?

Also... how recommended it is that I get an alignment after install, and is it necessary right away...

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
That mechanic cant be the sharpest tool in the shed. In this picture from ECS you see grooves in the shock. Thats where you put the perch on whatever groove you select.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I don't have a picture that I can post.... sorry.

You NEED to get an alignment 2 - 3 weeks after the lowering job. If you want to save $10 get a front alignment because that's adequate otherwise get a 4 wheel alignment.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
S_Klass said:
The Neuspeeds absolutely CAN be adjusted. It's a perch/bracket that can be removed and replaced into another 'groove' to adjust the height. I suggest 1 notch below the neutral position like schmove said (2nd lowest perch = 1 below neutral) for an even drop.
is this the same for the sofsport springs too?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have the exact same set-up i.e. Neuspeed Sport springs and Bilstein sports. I have it on the lowest setting (lowest groove). If your mechanic does not know what to do with this, I suggest don't let him do the job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
powerslide23
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing