Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dang it sorry guys i didnt mean to type that here..... but i have a question for you passat owners..

do any of you after changing your oil smell if burn after a few weeks? or any of you have a oil pan gasket problem i have been through so many gasket like four or five vw dealer says nothing about it. also have any of you experinced problems with some of the hoses like wearing down? mainy connect to the intake manifold?

sorry im not use to using this fourm im new i own a 1999 passat 1.8t 5 speed 8)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Are you running Synthetic? I know if you spill some of that stuff it takes much longer to burn, hense a longer lasting stench. I have a '99 Passat and I had 3 changes of my head cover gaskets replaced. I have been lucky that *keeping fingers crossed* I haven't had any problems in years. Good luck.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont have any serious modds done yet pretty much stock for now... i have alot of question about the car with little problems i have had and what i could do to fix them but i wont go on about that . but where could i find a aftermarket intercooler sidemount i have yet to find on.. :???:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts