Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna disconnect my battery in an attempt to get out of limp mode. after reconnecting, I then turn the key to "on" and leave it for a minute or two right?? do I leave the door open or something. Thanks, I want to try this before I leave for the day so a quick reply would be great. tia

Matt

·
Loose female member
4,885 Posts
Disconnecting your battery won't cure the 'limp' mode issue.
You need to look at the tip control switches located within the tip lever housing.
Either that or the tip control module itself.

Also you need to get your hands on a VAG-Com setup to clear any codes that might appear after you disconnect your battery.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok Im gonna cancel this thread cuz a) I don't have a tip, therefore perhaps the limp mode does not pertain to me and b) I don't know what is causing my lack of boost so this thread is basically pointless. but thank you.

·
Registered
696 Posts
To get out of limp mode, just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so. The ecu will still have the fault codes stored (charge pressure exceded, battery voltage low), but your car will regain 90% of boost untill you get a vagcom to clear the codes. And to v6er.. get a clue man... tip has nothing to do with this

·
Registered
991 Posts
The Tiptronic transmission has a "limp" mode too. So V6er is correct, but Hizay never explain enough in the beginning for others to give the correct opinion. He was just trying to help with very limited information given to him.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
ywang98
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing