Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my bilstein sport shocks and neuspeed sport springs this weekend, and I don't know why the thought never occured to me when I was doing it, but I've thought about it tonight.....should I have trimmed the bumpstops? I know I've read install articles on other VW's, and it seems they always do that, but I don't remember ever reading it about passats?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, no problems. I mean, the springs do seem quick to rebound, but thats even over small bumps, so I'm thinking its just the nature of the springs. I can't imagine I'm hitting the bump stops all the time. What are the new 1BE bumpstops? is this what the new passats come with or is it strickly an eibach thing?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
The 1BE bumpstops are OEM and come standard on Euro Passats with stock sports suspension. They are a bit shorter than the 1BA bumpstops on the stock suspendion here. Eibach seems to include them in there system for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.