Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a new tentioner with pulley after 2004? They are telling me there is another new tesioner? Help!!!!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got off the phone, was typing with them on the phone with me. They told me the timeing belt kit they were using is no longer available because VW has made a NEW tensioner and it will replace ALL AEB code tensioners with a completely new tensioner. They said it is about $350 and they cannot get the old one anymore. I didn't fall for it and I introduced them to ECStuning.com they said if I get the parts they will put them on for me. I am sorry for above but I really was PISSED at the stealership, but they said they would probably start getting things on line to save some cash... and I am sure pass it on to the customer. Anyway any information on this so-called-new tensioner let me know

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I think you hit the nail on the head! Contact ECSTuning and get some information from them on the full timing-belt kit. :)

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Why don't you ask the dealer for their new part number? If you have that, it should be easy to see if it matches with what you can get from ecstuning.

SirWired

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
JDigga said:
I thought there are two tensioners (hydraulic and spring-loaded). I forgot which one is the older one, but the older one was prone to fail so they stopped using it.
The older, crappy one is "hydraulic". The newer, better one is spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Rusty
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing