Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What setting do they come adjusted to from the factory?

I gave them to my mech and he put the rears on before I told him that I needed to adjust them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The rear should not be that hard to take out and adjust as it does not require
the wheels and spring to be out, only the shock from O to 3.5 turns.
TUV effective range is about 1 to 2.5 turns.

Meaning less than 1 turn is ineffectively soft and bouncy - very nervous feel
More than 2.5 turns bone jaring hard and everything shakes from the centre
console to the doors.

Have fun.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I seem to remeber a thread in which the "from the factory" settings of the Konis was discussed. I think that the consesus was that there was not single "from the factory" setting and that you always have to bring each damper to the softest settling and then adjust per your taste.

Regarding which setting to use, I belive the opinions vary but that most here adjust to not more that one full turn from full soft. I have set my Yellow Konis at one half turn from full soft (both front and rear) and find this set up is plenty stiff.

Slider.

·
Registered
28,876 Posts
Take them out and confirm the settings. They usually are at full soft,but some have reported full stiff.
For the best ride,set the rears full soft and the fronts 1/2 turn. For a sportier ride add 1/4-1/2 turn to each.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
PZ said:
Take them out and confirm the settings. They usually are at full soft,but some have reported full stiff.
For the best ride,set the rears full soft and the fronts 1/2 turn. For a sportier ride add 1/4-1/2 turn to each.
Amen to that :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have them paired with Neuspeed SofSports...if that matters.

Ok, so I guess I'll have him take them out so we can adjust them just to make sure they're where they should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.