Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, where can I get one, my dealers can't find what I want. Second, tried the search, but it sucked. Third, is the Onstar Telematics available or not, my dealer says "not until later this year if at all." Fourth, I am looking for a Black on Black 5-spd. with Onstar, Cold Weather package and Leatherette (Leather is a possibility, but it is not a must, crappy leather anyway). Any help would be great. And what are the current incentives and financing rates?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I drove by Cumberland Valley Motors (VW dealer near Harrisburg PA-their number can be searched in yellow pages) they have an 04 Silverstone Grey 1.8T 4motion on the lot. It has the cold weather package and black leatherette, but not the color (obviously) and no on-star. The reason I know this is because it is just like mine that I purchased from another dealer a few weeks back. My 2 cents. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you mean the leather in the Passat is crappy, I'd have to disagree with you there. I prefer the texture of the leather in the Passat as it holds up very well. My car is going on 4 years and the leather still looks brand new. Couldn't ask for anything better.

·
Registered
299 Posts
4MyPassat said:
If you mean the leather in the Passat is crappy, I'd have to disagree with you there. I prefer the texture of the leather in the Passat as it holds up very well. My car is going on 4 years and the leather still looks brand new. Couldn't ask for anything better.
I tend to agree. The leather is "hard and tight", but it does hold up very well. Mine is over 2 years old and looks brand new.

The leather in our '01 RX300, while of "higher" quality (softer, etc) showed wear on the drivers seat within the same time period.

I'm not saying that leatherette is a bad choice either (I've heard it's pretty good actually). Just don't discount the leather.

-Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts