Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I just bought my first car, a 2012 Passat SEL Automatic 2.5L (101k miles but in great shape), a few weeks ago and just want to confirm a few quirks about the car. If you can answer any part(s) of these questions, it would be much appreciated!

1.) When the gear selector is in D, I can shift to N and vise-versa without needing to depress the brake or press the button on the front of the gear selector like I'm used to. You can also shift out of S and into D (and consequently N) without either condition. Is this normal (being able to just push the selector to shift without pressing the button and brakes)?

2.) The FOB doesn't open/close the windows and sunroof when the unlock/lock (respectively) buttons are held in, only when the key is in the door lock and held in the respective direction. Is there not a way to remotely do this? "Window Op." is set to all in my MFI.

3.) Do you guys typically get ridiculously low MPG on cold mornings?

4.) Has anyone gone through the process of replacing the mirror control knob (SEL owners only please)?

5.) Is the TPMS based on wireless in-tire sensors or actual tire rotations?

6.) What's the point of the little valet-key-only accessible flap behind the rear seats under the window?

I'm sure I'll find some more things that make my head spin soon.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chris so I Own a 2012 s with appearance upgrades and a lot of upgrades that were done after market on it.

I normally do not get bad mpg on cold mornings unless I lead foot it even then I'm normally anywhere between 24 to 27mpg.

the going from n to d is normal mine does that however I do have to press the shifter to go to s but if I pull it of sport mode to fast I can accidentally go to neutral. I do all the maintenance on my car and it's easy for the most part replaced my mirrors and controllers with more upgrades ones no issue. so if your good with cars you may have an easy time with the controller on your sel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts