Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a few questions about my '01 Passat. First off, just so you know what's being worked with, here are a few pictures of it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492372 Anyways, I was looking for some "go-fast" parts for it. I found a Cold Air Intake on www.fastvws.com and am in the process for searching for a turbo kit and all the goodies for it. I was wondering where I could buy a turbo kit for it and what exactly I would have to do as far as preparing the car for it. Any and all help will be appreciated.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Buy a VAG-COM cable from www.ross-tech.com and read the detailed error codes from your car first (engine codes only tell a small part of the story). Then fix EVERYTHING on the car before trying to boost it.

Don't buy any mods for the first year or so. I found SO MANY THINGS on my car that needed fixing in the past year, and as far as I knew it was in near perfect condition when I got it.

Other than that, I recommend perusing the Info Index to see what stuff people have done to make their cars better. Not that it isn't fun to type all this stuff over and over again, but...well, actually, no, it isn't fun to type it over and over again. It's already written, either here or on VWVortex or on people's personal sites.

Hot tip: THERE'S A GOOGLE SEARCH BOX AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORUM. Who knew? (shrug)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts