Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

questionable actions made by local police

1318 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  JayTheSnork
i'm driving down the street after getting an oil change when a honda civic SI rolls up next to me, i recognize the passenger, an under cover cop from T.A (teen angel) this civic had illegal tint, loud exhaust and a tail light out. they got up next to me and floored it, slowed down, waited for me to catch up and did it again. after 5 minutes of this i finally lost them by cutting into a local gas station. they were trying to get me to race which is retarded because i dont bother with hondas XD.

my question is is this legal? im sure they have immunity to speeding and breaking the law but this seems sketchy, my friend with a boosted 438hp acura integra got busted by the same people. only he has a short temper and spun gears 1-4 all the way up to 70mph while spitting flames. they had been fucking with him for 20 minutes on his way back from work. after he did that a cop pulled him over a mile ahead saying "our buddies in that mustang called you in."

now it wasn't a great idea for my buddy to do what he did but don't tempt people to break the law now..:whistle:

they got him for exhibition of speed and faulty exhaust. he was shooting flames because he's running LS-Vtec on E85 fuel
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
They don't have immunity to speeding or breaking the law in this situation.

As far as baiting you... I've always been cloudy on what is baiting or not.

I say grab your video camera and shoot it next time, sounds like it happens enough. Take it to your local gov rep and show them.
G
I say if you race the cops you will loose even if you win. In NY they leave bags on the trains, and if you pick it up they arrest you. They did this with a wallet and the guy whose intent was to take it to the booth was arrested for this.

They entrap and you cry, you go to court you pay ticket. Imagine if whipped out a camera during the process.
I say grab your video camera and shoot it next time, sounds like it happens enough. Take it to your local gov rep and show them.

Better yet, video the whole thing and then take it to your local TV station. Let them embarrass themselves, the chief of police and the mayor to the whole community.
if i pulled out a camera i'd probably get my ass whooped harder than rodney king. they could take the camera and deny doing so which means any evidence i had magically no longer exists.
Don't you have a right, as a citizen or whatever, to record or tape something that's happening? .. I was watchin this video that someone took when there was a case of "police brutality" and the cops tried taking his footage, and the cops were told by a judge that people have the right to record or tape as long as they don't interfere (sp*) with what's going on..

or something.. hell I'd tape em anyways.
G
if i pulled out a camera i'd probably get my ass whooped harder than rodney king. they could take the camera and deny doing so which means any evidence i had magically no longer exists.
I love smart people.:thumbup:
same here, was headin home afterwork one night in my old civic, car pulled up next to me on the freeway and was revin it up and tryin to pull ahead of me....i slowed down, got off at my exit ramp, he followed, and then followed for a few lights....we ended up at a redlight....he reved reved, and rrrrreevved...so light turns green....and i take him:driving:....as soon as i passed him all i saw was a blue light flashing in my face....and yep..sure enough i got hooked....was a U.S. customs agent....who then called the cops on me sayin i was following him and was revin it and trying to challenge him....WTF....gayness:thumbdown:thumbdown:mad:
I'm pretty sure that's entrapment - "the act of a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense which the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit" - and I'm pretty sure it's illegal..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment
yeah, i never got that whole thing. like "sting" opperations. as far as i know they are illegal, but the cops still get away with it. watch Cops, it happens all the time with prostitution and drugs too. moral of the story, if it will lead to something illegal, don't do it!
I'm locking this one, since no real good can come of it - supposition on the part of posters here doesn't aid and abet this discussion, and no one in law enforcement is going to touch it.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.