Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently upgrading my AWM 1.8T with a GT28R Garrett. For the moment I will only be able to hook it up to the OE manifold and other Oe parts using adapters. Once I have the $$$ to do the custom stainless steel manifold, FMIC, upgrade the exhaust pipping to 3" and 3" DP. Hopefully in the next month or two. Then I will be running nice.

I am currently using a 2003 1.8T AWM 170Hp with the Revo 4 Bar software, Forge DV with yellow spring, K&N drop in, H-Valve, Remus exhaust with custom 2.5" DP, High Flow cat, and 2.5" pipping for the Cat Str8 back to the muffler.

My question is will the Forge DV 007 hold up better then a Blow-Off valve? Should I upgrade the DV for a BV???? would there be any interest in my DV if I should upgrade???

Chris

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I wouldn't put a BOV on a car designed for a closed system. There is not any performance increase except for the noise and it will screw with the computer since you are blowing off metered air.

Just run the DV and call it good.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CRD99 said:
I wouldn't put a BOV on a car designed for a closed system. There is not any performance increase except for the noise and it will screw with the computer since you are blowing off metered air.

Just run the DV and call it good.
ok thanks for the advise

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Who's writing your software? :)

You gonna get this?

Bargain priced at $1,199 from Full-Race. :)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
if there is one manifold worth the price tag out there (FOR OUR CARS) it gotta be the full race manifold. I've had some lengthy talks with Geoff, the head honcho, and he stands behind his project 100 percent.

My advice is to NOT get this manifold if you're running a GT28R turbo. Because that turbo is too small. Then again, so is the GT28RS. To take advantage of the tublular design, you'll be needing at least a GT30 or GT2871 for that bad boy.

Some more free advice. Don't put on the turbo until you've got the cheese to play.

get that FMIC, manifold, injectors, (rail if needed) software and 3" DP all at the same time. Well, you don't have to BUY them all at the same time, just install them all in the same time.

a) better to transform the car once then tear it apart time and time again,

b) The whole thing is going to work as a "complete unit" so why install it in piecemeal format?

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Are you serious? This is a 1.8T. Yes. A whole 1781cc's. GT28R is considered relatively big for most owners (unless you're bulding a drag/dyno queen).

Yeah, the Full-Race gear is nice. But for 1/4 the price, you can get a T3/T4 flanged log manifold, which will spool about 500 rpms earlier than most the Full-Race mani will (yes, its been dyno proven, using the same dynamometer, same day, etc etc). The equal length runner mani does have a very distinct advantage on the top end though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.