Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking for a badgeless grille for my 2004.5 wagon. I'd like to get the ones with chrome, as seen here:

http://concept1.ca/images/fk badgeless_pass b5.5 chrome.jpg

From my reasearch, there seems to be 3 manufacturers of this type of grille: FK, Mattig, and Bonrath.

My questions are:

1) what are the pros & cons of each manufacturer?

2) Where can I get them ?(preferrably as close to California as possible)

3) How much effort will it take to install it myself?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
classified forum. Sometimes people sell them there. FWIW I have an FK and it's pretty flimsy. The Mattigs are definitely more well constructed. The FK doesn't have any chrome on it either.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Tuning Zubehor can get the Mattig, but they have to order it. I want one too... maybe a group buy?? :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
From my reasearch, there seems to be 3 manufacturers of this type of grille: FK, Mattig, and Bonrath.

My questions are:

1) what are the pros & cons of each manufacturer?

2) Where can I get them ?(preferrably as close to California as possible)

3) How much effort will it take to install it myself?

Thanks in advance for your assistance![/quote]

I first looked at the FK: the one I had seemed made out of a brittle plastic and was entirely chromed then painted black leaving only the front of louvers chromed. I can scratch the black paint with my fingernails. I did not use it. I then ordered the Mattig: it looked much more sturdy. You have to glue on the supplied chrome strips on the ABS black grille. The glue that Mattig supplies is unusable, it was already hardened in its tube. I used silicone and it still holds on after three months. I don't know about the Bonrath.
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.