Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Passat SEL Premium TSI (US version) and the battery died so I'm looking for a replacement. Two questions:

Current battery is an Enertec 5K0 915 105 D (480A/60Ah)

1) Does anyone have a direct cross reference for this battery (Duracell, Interstate, etc) or should I order one from the dealer?

2) I've read several forums that the computer has to be reset to "recognize" the battery. Is VCDS the only tool to use to do this or can I do it through another app like Carista by clearing any error messages once the new battery is installed? Some of the comments I've seen have to do with the computer needing to know the manufacture date of the battery, and some other info so it can properly regulate the charge. Not sure if that's correct or not - looking for more detail.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Passat SEL Premium TSI (US version) and the battery died so I'm looking for a replacement. Two questions:

Current battery is an Enertec 5K0 915 105 D (480A/60Ah)

1) Does anyone have a direct cross reference for this battery (Duracell, Interstate, etc) or should I order one from the dealer?

2) I've read several forums that the computer has to be reset to "recognize" the battery. Is VCDS the only tool to use to do this or can I do it through another app like Carista by clearing any error messages once the new battery is installed? Some of the comments I've seen have to do with the computer needing to know the manufacture date of the battery, and some other info so it can properly regulate the charge. Not sure if that's correct or not - looking for more detail.

Thanks in advance...
If you face any problem as the battery died, flat tire, jumpstart use Roadside Assistance Services to reach the garage that will guide you properly. I use the towing platform much time when the vehicle creates a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts