Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I blew a rear speaker and the other rear is not working either. Since ideal tweeter location is down near the midbasses in the door (from what I have read here), any reason why I should look over Infinity Kappa 62.i's and go for components? The idea is to place the in the front door and move the front speakers to the rear if possible. (Not sure if drilling out the fronts will make them "unmountable")

Current setup is stock speakers driven by a Blaupunkt San Fran CD70. I don't have an amp at the moment and budget would not likely allow for the addition of one in the near future.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
The only down side to using a coax is the clarity of the system will suffer a little. Sometimes the fact that the mids and tweets are more in phase will be a bigger plus. What I like about components is the flexibility to put them where you thin it sounds best. For me, that's usually next to, or mounted coaxially with, the mid. However, with some real power the stock non-Monsoon speakers don't sound too bad so the stoack locations aren't total garbage, but there is extreme near side bias. Lower door tweeter mounting would help this, but like I said, you lose some clarity.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts