Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first Passat (2014 SE with Sunroof & Nav). After I got it home I realized that it was missing two options that I'll really miss from the Accord that it replaced. First are the memory seats. I see that it was possible to get memory seats (I thought the SE with Sunroof & Nav came with them) ... Any chance that is something I can buy from the dealer and install myself? Second, I would like install the Homelink garage door opener. Again, this seems to be something that would just involve replacing the drivers visor with one that has the Homelink module. Doable?

I would also like to add the factory foglights/corner lamps (In 2015 the SE with sunroof & nav has them standard ... not so in 2014). That looks doable.

Thoughts?

· Registered
3 Posts
I leased a 2014 SE with Sunroof and Nav recently. Made the same mistake - didn't realize there was no Homelink in the car.

I have two garage doors and live in a gated community and didn't want two remotes in the car.

Checked out aftermarket products and they were relatively expensive at around $400.00 installed. Installing the VW visor was beyond my capabilities

Found this portable/mountable Homelink unit on Ebay for $99.00. Person selling them modifies a factory Homelink unit to run on lithium batteries.

I bought one and it works well. Keep mine wedged in the driver's door map pocket.

Have no affiliation with the seller.

If you are interested, here is the link.

Homelink Portable Remote Club EZGO Yamaha Golf Cart Headlight Cup Holder Tires | eBay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.