Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that strikes me as wierd about the climatronic in my car is the way it displays temperatures. It's a small thing but, I do wonder if I can change it. I have vag com but found no mention on the ross-tech website or in my bently of how to do what I want to do.

As it stands today the thing displays the "target" temperature, which the user sets, and also the outside temperature, which is the same temperature that shows up on the instrument cluster.

I think it would be better to have the climatronice display the "target" temperature, but in place of the outside temperature, it should show the inside temperature - in other words the temperature that the climatronic perceives the cabin to be at.

I wouldn't want to change the way the instrument cluster reads. I think the instrument cluster ought to continue to display the outside temperature.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to do this. Couldn't find anything on it in my documentation. TIA.

Charlie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wouldn't the inside temperature be at the climatronic set temperature anyway? I thought the whole point of climatronic was that it maintained your set level? Once you've been driving for a while it should have achieved your set temperature...

Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would be eventually - but it seems to me that most of the time I'm in the car (cummute mainly) those temps must not be quite equal because it seems to me that the climatronic is working pretty hard a lot of the time. That's especially true in the summer. I suspect that on warm days if the sun happens to be hitting the sensors the climatronic overestimates the cabin temperature and forces the A/C unti to work harder than it needs to. For this reason I'd like to be able to see what the system thinks the cabin temperature is. That way I can make an adjustment to the setpoint from time to time if that makes sense.

Charlie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ah, I see. Well as far as I know my Vag-Com has no option for changing this.

I know someone on the forum asked about this before - it seems stupid to have the temperature on the instrument cluster and on the clima...

Not sure there's a good answer to this one though!

David :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.