Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing an EVO FMIC on my B5.5 (02 Variant 1.8T), and I am a little stumped about the smog mount relocation. I have a couple of pics that EVOMS sent me, but they don't really help all that much for the bracket. It looks like the one they are using in not as large as mine (the pics are from a B5). I know that the smog is repositioned in the other direction, but any help on how this is acheived would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
nice install duboholic! I think you did a better job than evo did installing mine. I found those hose that was supposed to connect my smog pump to the air intake box competely disconnected. It was too long to just connect back up so I had to cut some length off of it and put in back together again. Then I couldn't get the damn thing plugged back into the smog pump. It looks like you mounted yours in a better spot where you didn't need to jack with that hose.

I never saw what your general impressions were of the unit. I'm still undecided. It seemed to remove my big torque spike at 3000RPM, but overall the car drives smoother.

·
Registered
879 Posts
can somebody tell me what is the size Th=, L=, H= of the Evo FMIC?
And in order to remove the bumper do I have to pay special attention to the headlights' water spray nozzels,or is it as simple to remove bumper as if without headlight water spray nozzles?
And if u bear with me,anotherone: what is your oppinion if I keep the OEM smic with its sensors mounted and just connect fmic serial with smic?
:heart: :b5:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts