Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my car im running 235/40ZR/18's in the front and 235/50ZR/18's in the rear.. i picked up the set of wheels with tires already on them and the two were dry rotted so i picked up the 50ZR's for 40 bucks total just so i could put get them on the car. I was looking to get new rears so i could lower the car properly without rubbing, and just came across a pair or pirelli P Zero Nero's ( 245/40/18) on craigslist for a hundred bucks with decent tread for what i need them for. Will this cause any significant issues with them being slightly wider than the fronts? I just need the tire heights to be the same so i have equal clearance in front and rear.. any info is appreciated..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And actually... Does anyone know if a 245 will have clearance in the rear wheel wells of my b5.5?..

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,905 Posts
So on my car im running 235/40ZR/18's in the front and 235/50ZR/18's in the rear.. i picked up the set of wheels with tires already on them and the two were dry rotted so i picked up the 50ZR's for 40 bucks total just so i could put get them on the car. I was looking to get new rears so i could lower the car properly without rubbing, and just came across a pair or pirelli P Zero Nero's ( 245/40/18) on craigslist for a hundred bucks with decent tread for what i need them for. Will this cause any significant issues with them being slightly wider than the fronts? I just need the tire heights to be the same so i have equal clearance in front and rear.. any info is appreciated..
As long as you are FWD, you will be fine with a staggered setup (it serves no functional purpose though)

And actually... Does anyone know if a 245 will have clearance in the rear wheel wells of my b5.5?..
yes, depending on the offset of your wheels and how low your car is, you may encounter occasional tire rubbing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts