Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am trying to buy a battery for my 2003 Passat wagon V6. I am wondering if anyone recommend any battery brand/type. The autozone says the group size is 98R/H6 and the CCA is 540 for my car. I am thinking about getting one of these below. Do you have any recommendation? the bottom one is a little cheaper.

Thank you for checking.

bigevent

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Transparency

Font Parallel Office supplies Technology Rectangle

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Either one is fine. They sized the battery depending on trim level and accessories it was built with, along with the alternator amperage. I believe i have a 730CCA in my 1.8T GLS, but only because I wanted it. I have stereo equipment and added things like power seats. Can't hurt anything more than your wallet. I also swapped in a 120a alternator.
Thank you VAGguy and all, I will consider getting the Duralast Gold with the 730 CCA since I use the heated seat. Today it took me for a while to start the engine in the morning. I had to step on the accelerator a lot to make it work. It did not even make a vroom sound when it finally started so I was not sure if the engine is running or not. I hope I did not break anything while trying to start the engine. I hope I can start the engine tomorrow morning to get the Duralast Gold Battery from Autozone. I like that they install without extra charge when I purchase from them.

Thank you for all your comments and advice.

bigevent

1 - 2 of 2 Posts