Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased Nuespeed sport springs and plan on getting Bilsteins sport shocks with the adjustable purches in front. My question is, to even the back up with the front, would it work if I purchased some of those adjustable rear spring purches like the ones that prolly come with a KW coil over kit, thus turning the rears into a coil over set up? I think H&R has them too, but I'm not sure about for the Passat. Can these be purchased seperately? Finally, wont metal to metal contact between the rear springs and these purches make a lot of noise since theres rubber top and bottom of the springs from the factory?

·
Registered
26,011 Posts
The back and the front should be even enough. Use the front shocks to adjust the height if you need to.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but I plan setting the fronts on the lowest perch right away which will put the front end almost an inch lower than the front. I do want a bit of a rake, but I don't know if this will be to much. I was just knocking this idea around and wondered if it would work.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
mackman, you'll be surprised, a number of people are either running their Neuspeed Bilsteins on the lowest setting or the 2nd to lowest setting and the very slight rake is HOT! It's not too much at all since 1 2nd to lowest notch gives a flat drop, the lowest notch gives it a bit of positive rake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
mackman
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing