Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-- I have a 2012 SEL Premium, and am considering having this camera installed. I have a VAG-COM cable, and I can "enable" the camera myself. My question is whether I can turn this feature on before I have the installer put the camera in, or if I need to have it all installed before I make the programming change. If it won't mess anything up, I'd like to have it set up to function ahead of time so that it can be tested and confirmed working before I drive it away from the install place. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did this whole install myself and had the backup cam enabled first which seemed to work just fine. Only problem I've noticed so far is that after driving for a while, if you put it in reverse, the cam turns on, then off right away, so I have to put it in park, then back to reverse to make the camera stay on. I'm not sure if it's got something to do with the nav unit itself, or something to do with the trigger wire for the camera being connected to the LED reverse lights. LED's always seem to cause havoc, so I've been chalking it up to that being the problem.

It actually makes sense to have the camera activated first to make sure it works once its installed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts