Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 99 sedan, my headlights seem to be not quite as high, i guess you could call it, as my corners. they line up at the top but on the bottom the headlights stop higher than the corners, so they don't line up. so the headlights and corners dont line up and i was wondering if there is anything i can do. is it the way theyre mounted, are HIDS any bigger? thanks

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
I want to help, but there are multiple questions within your multiple questions :???: What are you asking? be specific, and one question at a time please. I am too tired and my brain hurts trying to decipher your questions.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, ok, ill try to make this more clear. Its not the actual light coming from my headlights- the headlights themselves, the actual plastic lights-or whatever theyre made of. it looks like they are a different size than my corners- there is a gap between the bottom of the headlights and the car, however the corners take up all of the space they have; so its like my headlamps creats a space where the bottom does not line up with the corners-its like if you follow the bottom of the headlamps, at the end, where the corners are, you can measure about a cm or two where the bottom of the corners are farther down than the bottom of the headlamps, so they dont line up. is this any clearer, ill try to find some pics to show you what i mean if i can.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
tom,

you can try loosening the 3 torx bolts that hold on the headlight housing. When they're loose, there's an amount of play that you can mess around with to try to make things line up better....

there are 2 bolts on the top of the housings (underneath plastic caps), and one more on the outboard side-- you have to remove your corners to access them.

dunno if that helped at all :roll:

Do you have pics of your actual car and the gaps? The first pic with the gap looks like rusty's car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.