Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question to all members... If somebody makes a cliam on the car's insurance due a small accident (like a dent), does it get reported in the CARFAX?? is there a way that somebody can avoid it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have not seen accidents reported to insurance cos on CarFax ( I have run about 40 of them). I have seen accidents reported to police on them, as well as Lemon Law, totaled and flood damage.

It won't tell you what car to but, but it may indicate ones to avoid! Worth $20 to me.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Carfax is pretty good with what information it provides on MAJOR accidents and Major incidents. However, it does not show anything that a police report was not filed for, damage that showed up at a state inspection, and small claims that are repaired by the owner. Have the car looked at by a trusted mechanic who can make the determination by looking at the car, not the paperwork that comes with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ravimys
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing