Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question about ecu w/apr chip swap with old ecu

OKay so heres the deal. I bought a ecu that has been chipped by APR. The seller said it was a 1.0bar. Now, the ecu number matches my ecu and tranny. So tell me all I have to do is plug this new ecu in and everything is good to go? Help me out if anybody has an answer..... I have a 2003 passat wagon 1.8t with tip. So far the mods are exhaust(Magna Flow), K&N filter, Forge DV 007p, Boost Gauge, Rear 3rd tail light mod, oh ha, I cut the stock grill so more fresh air went into the intake. the grill was enclosed so it was really restrictive. Thats it please help.....

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I do believe the immobilizer code may have have to be copied down from your existing ECU and "cloned" to the new ECU. VAG-COM or dealer are the only ways that I am aware of.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Someone with a VAG-COM, and more specific knowledge could help.
For a dealer?
My best guess would be a minimum labor charge for diagnostic hook-up.
I was quoted 45.00 just to find out my ECU code number (1/2 hour minimum).
I would have to guess at between 45.00 and 90.00.
You could try the VAG-COM locator on here, or see if there is an APR dealer near you somewhere?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again thanks for the info. Other question is how does the immobilizer code get entered into the new ecu?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Having swapped an APR chipped ECU's into and out of my 1.8T twice now, I've had absolutely no problems with the chipped ECU. Click out, click in. Start the car. You may need to run the throttle body adaptation or you may experience some idle problems.
I never had to mess with any immobilizer codes. You really don't want to go to a dealer asking questions about your ECU. The immobilizer code has nothing to do with the ECU, it is part of the CCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts