Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Edmund's Townhall discussion, "VW brand experience - good or bad?," a contributor wrote in missive #189:

For reference, although I agree with some of the above information, break-in practices have NEVER come up in any arbitration or trial I've been to involving the VW oil consumption issue (over 60 hearings).

If this was a smoking gun that was the owner's fault, you can bet your bottom dollar that VW would've taken the owners apart on this to avoid paying in court.

Also for reference, I don't see many 2.0 oil consumption cases and NO VR6 cases - 98% are 1.8 and 1.8T.

Now, I've read a fair number of threads here and on the 'Tex that have discussed oil consumption issues with the 2.8L v6. But I don't recall (m)any that pointed to the 1.8T as a oil burner. Is this just selective memeory retention on my part, or am I missing something? Or is this guy from Edmunds on crack?

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A-Tiller-the hun said:
i've read SEVERAL threads on the Tex about the 1.8T burning oil...
On the Passat forum? Hmmm, it must be me on crack!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Well, I'd like to know where the poster is from - last time I checked, we don't get the 1.8 over here - just the 1.8T.
Sooo all of those 1.8 might just be 2.slows - of which two I know of that have had the engines replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.