Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A: Internet access virtually anywhere.

I have T-Mobile service with t-zones, their GPRS service. I have a Nokia 3650 which has Bluetooth and GPRS. I have an iBook and a Bluetooth USB adapter. I found a site with instructions and modem scripts for my Nokia phone, was able to set it up, and, viola! Internet access.

The throughput is something I haven't experienced in years though (like 56k), but depending on how desperate you are, it's better than nothing.

Of course, you could also go to a McD's, but a Value Meal, and get free wireless internet access.

For those with OS X and a Nokia 3650, here's the site for instructions. For others, just search the internet.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
so our you not dialing up but loggin on via gprs?? and using your t-zones not your mins???

and if you are using gprs, im guessing that tzones is your isp?

also what is your connection speed??

just curious about this stuff
thanks

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4meezy said:
so our you not dialing up but loggin on via gprs?? and using your t-zones not your mins???
Yes and yes.

4meezy said:
and if you are using gprs, im guessing that tzones is your isp?
Yes.

4meezy said:
also what is your connection speed??
It isn't being displayed but I will research or measure it.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Maybe its a combination of a crappy processor and bad reception, but 200 bytes of text on my phone takes about 6-10 seconds to load.... :weirdo: I have a Sony Ericsson T610.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Hey Rich, is your 3650 a piece of crap? Mine sucks (through AT&T) and it's been replaced twice so far because of defective Symbian OS software and bluetooth bugs. I'm curious if it's the phone or AT&T... :(

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
jwil said:
Hey Rich, is your 3650 a piece of crap? Mine sucks (through AT&T) and it's been replaced twice so far because of defective Symbian OS software and bluetooth bugs. I'm curious if it's the phone or AT&T... :(
'

I have had mine for 6 months now, through TMobile, with no problems.

-Nick

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
jwil said:
AT&T has SUCKED the past couple of months i had an Nokia 8390, but it broke and now i have a Siemens SL56, it is better, but AT&T used to be so much better. (so did every phone company till this number portability garbage came out :mad: )
Starbucks is also a "T-Mobile Hot Spot"

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
After AT&T renewed my contract without telling me, I paid my $175 breach-of-contract fee, and said the hell with them. They wouldn't even let me upgrade to the GSM service, without starting a new contract. Their TDMA service and GSM service and two separate entities, and after 3 hours of standing in an AT&T store, with 2 hours and 45 minutes of those on hold (AT&T stores use the SAME customer service number as all the other customers :sleep: ), I gave up and cashed in my chips (well, what was left of them). Went to T-Mobile, got my free phone + $180 in rebates, free Jabra Bluetooth headset, and went on my way to happiness. Never again will AT&T see a single penny from me.

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear about the problems you had with yours Jeff but I never had any problems whatsoever with mine, yet (knock on wood). Had it since June of last year.

Maybe AT&T does not have good relations with Nokia and Nokia gives them the ones that barely passed QC?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Rich P
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing