Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what we can throw in here but I have few things. I have the tools to do a manual tranny fluid change including the special tool. I also just picked up a power bleeder so you can bleed the brakes with just 1 person. I am willing to let anyone borrow this stuff with a refundable deposit and shipping.

If you are local I also have garage FULL of tools and other crap. I have the stuff to do a full suspesion including a big ass compressor. I did my brakes, sway bar, DP back exhaust, oil changes, FMIC, oil cooler and many other things with the tools I have. I have an Autozone down the street so if anyone needs to borrow a tool I can pick it up prior to arrival. If anyone wants they can use the stuff I have and DIY for maybe $10.

Anyone else want to add to what tools/services they can offer fellow PW members?

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
I have the Brake tool, a Vag cable, and lots of knowledge. I have a bunch of tools if anyone wants help with a project I'm more then willign to help out.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you located bro? It doesn't say on the screen.

If we get enough people with this I can edit the first post to include people willing to help out fellow PW members by each state and area (IE I am in Northern CA, 1 hour south of San Jose/Sunnyvale and about 45 minutes north of Monterey)

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
How do I add that, I'm in northern MN, but will travel to the cities, also coming soon brake bleeder and stuff to do a tip fluid change

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have the Brake tool, a Vag cable, and lots of knowledge. I have a bunch of tools if anyone wants help with a project I'm more then willign to help out.
are you good with control arms/pinch bolts?:banghead: if you are maybe we can set somethin up and i wont have to pay a million dollars to have it done at a shop..

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
I got mine out and they were orginal, it wasnt to bad, 4lb hammer and alittle heat and a small amount of drilling on one.

Arent you lowered, Didnt they take them out to lower.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do I add that, I'm in northern MN, but will travel to the cities, also coming soon brake bleeder and stuff to do a tip fluid change
Click on the Privates messages icon.
On the left under Control Panel go to Edit Profile.
Scroll down to where do you live, type it in.
Scroll down to bottom and save changes.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got mine out and they were orginal, it wasnt to bad, 4lb hammer and alittle heat and a small amount of drilling on one.

Mine were a little tricky too, but some PB blaster and a BFH fixed that :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

yeah... they should have but somehow they found a way around it cuz they didnt want to mess with them..

iv only tryed to get the passenger side out so far .. its pretty mest up now and still wont move. car is still drivable. threw in the towel last week and set up an appointment for this friday to have it done.. they want like $300 just to get the pinch bolts out and put in the upper control arms.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are going to go with the BFH route, buy some spares as you might need them. You aslo might try cutting them but once you go that route there's no going back.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I'm in Plymouth MN (west of MSP).
I have 1/2 metric set, 3/8 metric, 1/4 metric, combo metric, metric hex set, and torx set (also extensions, adapters, etc.). Also have 15-150in-lb torque wrench; 25-250 in-lb torque wrench and Metalnerds caliper retraction tool.
I also have a Bentley manual as well. Jack stands and a few other odds and ends...

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
yeah... they should have but somehow they found a way around it cuz they didnt want to mess with them..

iv only tryed to get the passenger side out so far .. its pretty mest up now and still wont move. car is still drivable. threw in the towel last week and set up an appointment for this friday to have it done.. they want like $300 just to get the pinch bolts out and put in the upper control arms.

I will be down there a week from tonight, maybe we can work something out depending were you are located, I will be staying oakdale if you not far I could swing over for a couple hours of work, let me know. Are you replacing the UCA's.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good sheot, looks like this might have already helped one member out :)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Im in coral springs florida and i need someone with tools to help me with some things. I wouldnt mind installing some parts :) but i need tools and suck at it. Any assistance would be helpful!

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Im in coral springs florida and i need someone with tools to help me with some things. I wouldnt mind installing some parts :) but i need tools and suck at it. Any assistance would be helpful!
Someone here has to be in your area and willing to help.

Tomorrow I will break this up by States/areas.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Bump to the top, so everyone see this

I also have jack stands, jacks, engine hoist, engine stand, torque wrenchs, compression testers, spring compressors, rounded bolt/nut removers, air ratchets, impact guns, multimeter, 1/2,3/8,1/4 drive socket, allen heads(standard/metric) torxbits. 17mm allen for doing axles.

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
I'm in Hagerstown MD

i have 1/4, 3/8 standard and metric sockets/torxbits/allen
1/2 metric sockets and extension
1/2 drive torque wrench
small compressor and access to most any air tool with 24 hour notice (including MONSTER compressor)
jack/stands/ramps- will fit beneath lowered neuspeed sports
haynes paper manual
bentley on cd (yeah i know!!)
impact driver
air rachet

i have access to (ie bring beer or a couple bucks for bro in law-also close to hagerstown md;))
lift
mig welder
large metal/mech shop
engine hoist
trannie jack
above mentioned monster compressor
air tools for all mech and some paint prep

·
is a sweetheart
3,056 Posts
I'm in Waterford, CT (south eastern CT) and I have beer, good beer at that. :lol:

I have:
- manual transmission drain plug tool
- high lift floor jack
- air tools and pancake (portable) compressor
- torque wrench
- beer
- a piss poor attitude
- gas (and not the "oline" type)
- um, more beer
- Bentley manual
- Haynes manual

I like: