Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo....anybody else going through withdrawals?

I registered on these sites...

www.drunkdubs.com (check out the skanks forum..hehe)

www.dallasimports.net *yes i was that depressed...site is overun by a concensus of morons...mostly*

checked out classifieds on b5one

detailed my audi for a whole day.

haha..

post up with what you did when PW was down...i figured this would be a fun thread..keep it clean...:lol:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mostly kept refreshing forums hoping it would start working again. At first I thought it was just some computer glitch, so I emptied all caches and cookies. Then I realized it is not coming back until monday, I mean, try to get tech help on anything on weekend.

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
took the day to go out w/ the GF.

can't do much else, since the car is STILL in the shop awaiting the damn confirmation of the "go ahead" for the warranty work...
took it in, under warranty, and of course, VW contacts the warranty people.
--one day later--
warranty people come out look at hte car.
--two more days later--
theyre supposed to call, just to confirm what's wrong, and ask if they can go ahead.

GRAWR.

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
i was in such bad shape that i took the wife and kid down to my mom's place in Virginia where there's no phone and computer.
i didn't know how else to cope!! :p

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Yeah I first thought it was something with the computer at work. i tried a few times and that screen came up. i refreshed and refreshed and still didn't work. i then tried at home more than a few dozen times....but still nothing:mad:!!! I then started searching around on vortex and posted a few times on there.

Yeah on a normal day...i probably check PW about...honestly about...15 or more times a day. Yep....i'm most of the time at work and then again when i get home:D

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I first thought it was something with the computer at work. i tried a few times and that screen came up. i refreshed and refreshed and still didn't work. i then tried at home more than a few dozen times....but still nothing:mad:!!! I then started searching around on vortex and posted a few times on there.

Yeah on a normal day...i probably check PW about...honestly about...15 or more times a day. Yep....i'm most of the time at work and then again when i get home:D
you sir, need counseling:lol:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
What I did without PassatWorld...
- Flushed my power steering fluid.
- Installed a dimmer switch in my girlfriend's parent's kitchen.
- Bought and installed a Siruis Starmate Replay (see my writeup)
- Made sweet sweet love to the woman :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Helped out w/ a suspension install on PTinaVW's 2001 V6!

...Eibach Coilovers (w/ adjustable rears!) :thumbup:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Detailed the car for 4 hours inside and out... Drank lots of beer... and checked PW about 30 times an hour to see if it was back...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Checked the electrolyte levels in all the cells of my battery (good). charged the battery to 100% (good). Pulled the RF wheel to see what kind of a job dub werks did when they replaced my outer CV joint boot (good). Realized that the outer CV joint boot on the LF corner is split and needs to be replaced (bad). Read the B5 forum on VWVortex (bad).

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Spent extra time on Vortex and B5one, poked around on vdubaddiction, and NTAG. Started on my 40k mile service and ordered plugs and filters online. Havent done the oil change yet (its 900 miles early) but I have today off as well. Cleaned my apartment, did a few other small things.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Every single weekend the site is down for me. WHUDAFXUP?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Regular routine: Check PW, check e-mail, check Pw, check more e-mails, PW again, talk to the gf, more PW, etc..

This weekend: I basically had the privilege of checking my email about 30 times in one hour. :(

And then blew my front left tire coming home from work...genius.:banghead:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
i cried myself to sleep each night

i was deprived from my regular post whoring schedule

i also washed my car inside and out and actually got some sleep.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts