Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

As the name suggests, the new site will concentrate on performance items for the V6. Our goal is to make it a central place to locate these items... something like a portal. We are also hoping to build up a base of users that will be active in requesting more performance parts for this under-appreciated motor.

For example, HPA, the builders of that bad ass Bi-turbo R32, mentioned to us at the New Dimensions show this year that they would like to start making some performance mods for the V6. They said they have had many requests, but have been too busy to work on anything yet. What this tells me is that they have not had ENOUGH requests. The same can probably be said about other VW/Audi tuners when it comes to the V6.

In no way do we plan to compete with ClubB5.com. We love this site, and we will be actively pushing traffic here. Hopefully we can trade banners or something and help each other out. We do not want to take away from the forums here either, so our forum will be limited to 1 or 2 topics, centered around the V6 flavor of Passat. We will make it clear that all other Passat discussion can be found here, at Club B5.

I have been thinking about this project for several weeks now. Motivated by the fact that I just completed my first major mod last night (H&R springs, 19" wheels and tires), I purchased the domain b5v6.com this morning. The site will start off looking very simple and informational, but will transform to a very nice ColdFusion based site that will be active and dynamic. Since I have lots of experience with PHPBB (the same forum we are on now), I will use this forum on my site. That will be nice for those of you who have grown accustomed to the Club B5 forum. The site will also feature a mailing list that we will use for 'Alerts' such as special vendor deals, new mods, important B5 news, etc.

We will also get involved in the Audi side of this coin. After we get the Passat info up, we will probably start working on the other V6 motors such as the 3.0 and 2.7T. Our main concern as of today is the 30v 2.8.

That's it for now. I am hoping to have something online by the end of next week. I will post updates to this thread for those of you who are interested. If you have any V6 related requests, information, suggestions, etc, please post them here.

I hope I have not offended the Club B5 owners or users by posting this here. As I said, my plan is to coexist, not compete with this kick ass site.

Laters!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Re: Putting together new website - www.b5v6.com (not up yet)

MindTrigger said:
For example, HPA, the builders of that bad ass Bi-turbo R32, mentioned to us at the New Dimensions show this year that they would like to start making some performance mods for the V6. They said they have had many requests, but have been too busy to work on anything yet. What this tells me is that they have not had ENOUGH requests. The same can probably be said about other VW/Audi tuners when it comes to the V6.
It might be interesting and relevant if HPA is going to develop some pieces for the 2.8.

PES does a nice Kompressor, what is HPA talking about...a turbo system?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I am extremely interested, I think that this would be great!

My opinion should be that you should have performance items very cheap, and that way more people will buy them, I do know quiet abit about perfomance items for the V6 so yes this has cought my eye!

These sould be your prime goal:

Suspensions
Brakes
Performance
Lighting

Those are the most important!

Rich :wink:

The website name should be www.v6b5.com :thumbup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments, guys.

I don't think we will be selling anything there (not anytime in the near future), but we just sorta want to act as a portal for people to help them find V6 stuff. Since there seems to be so much gray area when you order stuff for the V6 (sometimes you can't tell if something is for the V6 or not), we will have the information all the way down to part numbers. I think it will really help people who have the V6. The site is for me as much as anyone. When I get into a car, I like to get all the way in. One of the reasons I picked the V6 is because they aren't so common. Makes it more fun for me.

Slimebucket, we will have room for another site admin. If you are interested, let me know.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
As Julian said it is an excellent idea :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I support the V6 movement! :thumbup: :thumbup:

1.8T guys here we come, and were coming fast! :lol:

Rich :wink:

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is a great ideah! I wonder what took so long for somebody to come up with this site. I, for one, will be one of your most loyal fans. Finally, my prayers are bring answered. :lol: :bow: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.