Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New bra and flaps arrived today. Might get the flaps on this weekend, but I think the bra might take longer because the temperature is so cool and the instructions say it should be 68 degrees or more. Does anyone who has a bra have any advice to offer? One question: the instructions say to remove it if the underside of it gets wet and not let it dry on the car. What if it rains in the AM on my way to work and then the sun comes out...? Has anyone had problems (paint fogging, etc.) from this?? I really just want to protect it from the inevitable chips and bugs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had mine for about 6-8 months, and there are no fogging effects or any other problems.

Typically I always keep it on, only occasionally when I wash it I would take the hood part off because some leaves would get in. Normally I would even wash the car with the bra still on. Often, I would directly rinse water into the bra to get some of the debris out. The water would pretty much drain out itself, if not you can also gently squeeze it out.

I also waxed my car before putting the bra on, that way would ensure the surface gets protected in case debris gets trapped in it. Also, you are getting the original Passat bra right? Only that one has the perfect fit so it won't look tacky.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No panic if it rains on the way to work. The biggest must do's are, 1). keep the surface of the car covered by the Bra as clean as possible, keep the under side of the Bra as clean and dry as possible. and, 2). Keep the surfaces covered by the Bra waxed, I generally remove the Bra for car washing. I have had 5 vehicles including the Passat that I used a front end cover to protect the paint and have had no issues by following the above 2 must do's.

Frank :) :drink:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips. I plan to remove the bra for my weekly/bi-weekly car washing, and plan to keep it generously waxed underneath. I did get the VW bra for the W8. It even has the little holes cut out for the headlight washers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
StoneGard type products seem like a lot of expertise would be required and probably would have to be professionally installed. Plus they are $$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Beavis
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing