Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a deposit down on a 2019 Habanero Orange Tiguan SE 4Mo. Storm Grey vinyl (almost white). No 3rd seat, no sunroof. It's coming from the factory in about 1 month.

Time between brand new cars is getting shorter, only 14.5 years since we got the Golf and that was 18 years after our 1st new car, an 86 Golf.

My wife seems to think it is mine, but I expect she we be the primary driver apart from our road trips. I'll see how much I like driving it before I decide on keeping mine. Mine is a lot more fun to drive, even if it's only used on once weekly errands. If it really was mine, it would have a cloth interior (only on the S models and only with manual driver's seat). She needed the power seat to be able to reach the pedals. She could not reach the seat fore-aft lever on the manual seat once it was moved forward.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Congrats!
Should've got it in black though. ;)

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. We will probably put 5K on it in May for our trip through California. My oldest son is getting married in Yosemite and we will make it into a big road trip.

Now I need to start looking into the available mods that it would need. Telescoping and height adjustable center armrest is at the top of the list. Sway bars and suspension (1.5" drop) will be needed but there are not much on the market yet. I would prefer coilovers as it's easier to set the perfect height and mix/match the spring rates to make it handle better (as opposed to just looking better). For now, I will keep the engine stock as I do like running 87. If I decide it needs more power, I would add a JB4 piggyback for an extra 40-50hp (unless APR finally cracks the ECU).

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Thanks. We will probably put 5K on it in May for our trip through California. My oldest son is getting married in Yosemite and we will make it into a big road trip.

That will be one cool wedding. One for the scrap book for sure.

Now I need to start looking into the available mods that it would need. Telescoping and height adjustable center armrest is at the top of the list. Sway bars and suspension (1.5" drop) will be needed but there are not much on the market yet. I would prefer coilovers as it's easier to set the perfect height and mix/match the spring rates to make it handle better (as opposed to just looking better). For now, I will keep the engine stock as I do like running 87. If I decide it needs more power, I would add a JB4 piggyback for an extra 40-50hp (unless APR finally cracks the ECU).
This is cool also. PSS9's baby. ;)

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, visiting family in Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe, friends in Vallejo and touring Kings Canyon/Sequioa, Death Valley, Big Sur, Monterey, Great Basin and I70 through Colorado on the way back.

Not many options for coilovers on the Tiguan yet and no official sway bars. I am waiting to hear about Golf R and Atlas parts fitting since they are all on the MQB platform.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts