Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really purple, but the song is stuck in my head. Before you fire up the flamethrowers my search for lens + haze returned squat.

I have an 03 that is starting to show signs of hazing on front and rear lights. Any way to prevent/hide/protect?

Cheers,

Neil

·
Registered
74 Posts
There are a couple threads on here....try headlight polishing:
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/search.php?searchid=730512

I just did this last weekend on mine with a kit from VIP:

It cost me $10-15 and it contains 1000,1500,2000, & 2500 grit sandpaper (1 sheet each). A set of rubber gloves and some plastic polish.

I ended up going to Walmart and picking up some 800 grit sandpaper, because my headlights were pitted so bad and it was taking me forever.

This process involves alot of patience because the final result will not be evident until after several applications of the plastic polish. I probably could have gotten better results if I had taken more time on sanding with each set of grit.

Anyway, here's the Before and After on one set:

Before:

After:

Some of the other threads also have mentioned reapplying a clear coat for protection and although I experimented with a what I had around the house, I did not find a product that I liked.

I'd like to hear from anyone else on clearcoat tips.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool

Thanks for the tips, but it sounds like you were dealing with pitting vs. hazing. I's hade to get in to sanding on a car with 23k miles. I'm hoping that some protectant or clearcoat treatment will do the trick...

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
my dealership does it for 100 dollars..guaranteed to look like new..i took it to a vw shop that sells aftermarket parts they did mine for 85..looks like new literally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts