Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I install the PureMS upper strut brace will the plastic cover fit back in place correctly? My car is an '02MY.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ClarkSJ said:
It does in my '03 GLS
I'm wondering if you had any problems with the install? Someone posted on another thread that they had difficulty getting the brace pads to match up with the strut tower tops.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called Pure to see about ordering the upper strut bar and they list the price as $149.95, and it won't be restocked for a couple of weeks. I'm wondering what others have paid, as it seems that I've heard of others getting a better price for the bar. Anyone know where to get a better deal?

·
Registered
996 Posts
manxdaddy said:
I'm wondering if you had any problems with the install? Someone posted on another thread that they had difficulty getting the brace pads to match up with the strut tower tops.
No, it installed easily, and everything fit. I removed the battery first to unclip and move the power cables running along the front of the compartment (and also to remove the drain grommet underneath the battery, which I was planning on doing anyways), then reinstalled the battery and installed the bar. I did have to bend one of the ground wire lugs up to allow for access to the battery hold-down bolt, but otherwise very easy.

·
Registered
996 Posts
manxdaddy said:
I just called Pure to see about ordering the upper strut bar and they list the price as $149.95, and it won't be restocked for a couple of weeks. I'm wondering what others have paid, as it seems that I've heard of others getting a better price for the bar. Anyone know where to get a better deal?
I bought it on sale last fall from Pure for $99.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ClarkSJ said:
I bought it on sale last fall from Pure for $99.
That's a smoking deal compared to what they quoted me, and makes me want to wait for the next sale to come around. When I mentioned your price to the rep he got a little huffy with me. Now I'm wondering whether the strut brace or a tie bar should be the first mod on the front suspension? That is, after the lowering springs and Bilsteins are installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts