Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that recently I'm getting a "pulsing" sensation when driving, not just braking. It seems related to vehicle speed, and is worse at slower speeds. After turning a corner, as the steering wheel unwinds it pulses. Bearings? The car's got about 28k mi on it. The brakes are pulsing too, but could the two be related?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you check to see if your tires were rubbing on anything? There could be a squirrel in there.
:nervous:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
well its most likely your wheels that are out of balance :) get em checked :thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
How about warped rotors, since the pulsing is already occurring when you break you should have them checked and repaired. If they are warped bad enough you could possibly feel the pulsing when turning the wheel at low speeds. My other thought would be a bent rim or damaged tire. Let us know what you find.

Cheers Frank :) :drink:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's your wheels out of balance. Same thing happenned to my old jetta. Got it fixed ASAP, and the pulsing was gone. :lol:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting thoughts. I'm scheduling an appt. with the dealer today, so I'll post what I find. Only problem is they "couldn't find" the pulsing in the brakes. I'll have to take someone for a ride when I get it there I guess.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
AgVWB5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing