Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would aftermarket pulleys make a difference on a 1.8t passat if so how much of a difference....thanks for your help
Tyler

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Nenad, is this the unit you have on your car? I thought you said somewhere that your's has a vibration dampening ability. Am I wrong? I am going to be doing a Timing belt real soon and while I'm down there I might as well do the pully too. I want a light wieght pully, not an underdrive pulley.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I just got one from ECStuning. I believe mine is underdriven and lightwieght, but it works great. After a day or so it has gotten better, so I'm guessing the GIAC chip is adapting. I have noticed my power steering isn't as touchy and haven't tried the AC yet. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Chas said:
Nenad, is this the unit you have on your car? I thought you said somewhere that your's has a vibration dampening ability. Am I wrong? I am going to be doing a Timing belt real soon and while I'm down there I might as well do the pully too. I want a light wieght pully, not an underdrive pulley.

Thanks!
Chas, crank pulley assy is consisted from,basicly 4 pieces
1 pulley itself
2 support plate
3 inertia ring
4 dampening rubber, stocked between 2&3
with AutoSpeed pulley you are changing ONLY pulley.That pulley fits on rest of assy. Of course performance gain is not as big as from underdriven, but you are practicaly OE and you do not have to change belt and to think if you upgrade ICE will alternator handle higher power thurst. Diff in weight of pulleys is amasing and engine have instant response on mod.
Check this thread from few days ago. BTW this mod was installed buy my official VW dealer (I am out of warantty) and month ago or so, I had 60000 miles service and no problems were detected.Already made almost 5000 miles with pulley.
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69522

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Nenad
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing